Each term we offer a range of group workshops designed to strengthen and enhance your academic skills:
- Developing your academic English
- Dissertation and candidacy defense (communication strategies)
- Essay exams
- Exam preparation and performance
- Graduate thesis/dissertation planning and writing
- Graduate thesis/dissertation proposal writing
- Memory skills
- Multiple choice exams
- Reading skills
- Studying and note-taking
- Time-management, procrastination, and scheduling
- Public speaking, presentations, and poster sessions
- Writing graduate abstracts, funding proposals, and literature reviews
- Writing at university basics (e.g., grammar, punctuation, style, using academic sources)
View the current list of upcoming workshops here.
You can register for workshops over the phone at 780-492-2682 or in person at 2-300 Students’ Union Building. All forms of payment are accepted. Please note that non-U of A registrants are charged a higher fee than U of A students. Students are advised to register early as space is limited.
Customized workshops, seminars, and online instruction are also available on these and other topics for on-campus and off-campus groups.
- Fees are nonrefundable; however, students may re-schedule at a later date should they cancel their workshop registration.
- Missed workshops without cancellation notice result in loss of fee payment.
- Our cancellation policy applies to all appointment and workshop registrations.