The Fresh Start Program is open to undergraduate students in participating Faculties who:
- are recommended for admission to the Fresh Start Program in their “Required to Withdraw” letter from their Faculty
- have taken less than *60 credits (including the work completed during the academic year under review).
- have a GPA of 1.3 - 1.6 at the end of the Fall/Winter term.
- are assigned unsatisfactory standing and are required to withdraw (RTW).
- have not been previously required to withdraw from any post-secondary institution.
- agree to comply with the requirements of the program.
For more information, review Fresh Start General Admission and Open Studies Fresh Start Program in the University of Alberta Calendar.
Not all Faculties recommend students to the Fresh Start Program. Faculties who recommend students to the Fresh Start Program include: Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences; Arts; Campus Saint-Jean; Education; Engineering; Native Studies; Nursing; Physical Education and Recreation; and, Science.
- If you previously completed the Fresh Start Program, you may not enroll again. You can enroll in the Fresh Start Program one time only. If you are experiencing academic difficulties, please contact our office; Student Success Centre staff can discuss resources to address your concerns.
- Students may not apply directly for admission to the Fresh Start Program. If you have not received a “Required to Withdraw” letter from your Faculty, and if you are experiencing academic difficulties, please contact our office; Student Success Centre staff can discuss resources to address your concerns. We provide professional academic support to students at every level of achievement and in every program on campus.